Paul is a highly experienced teacher who believes in values led education. He has taught for over 10 years in further, secondary and primary settings in Yorkshire and has recently completed an MA (Education) with a focus on dramatic technique – ‘Mantle of the expert’.
Paul is currently tutor on PGCE Drama programme at University of Huddersfield.
He is also part of ITT and NQT training as part of the Wakefield Council and the Barnsley TSA programmes, delivering sessions on Behaviour for learning, Engagement, Philosophy for Children, Questioning, and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
He has presented to colleagues at Practical Pedagogies Teacher Conference 2016 and 2018 on Drama and SMSC
Paul is pleased to be in residence at Castleford Park Junior Academy working with teachers to develop a dramatic story based curriculum.
Recently Paul has been;
- Working as an associate alongside Hywel Roberts
- Devising and leading #youngteam a youth project with Long Divsion Festival
- Leading weekly Youth Theatre sessions for Leeds Playhouse
- Delivering Creative Literacy workshops in primary schools, and Shakespeare sessions for Secondary for Leeds Playhouse
- Providing Creative writing workshops for ‘Heydays’ older persons programme at Leeds Playhouse
- Delivering workshops for Dramatic Monologues with Grimm & Co. Rotherham,
- Producing digital literacy days, for Settle Stories,
How Paul can help your setting by working with students, teachers or both to:
* Deliver keynote or CPD for teachers
* Support delivery of Drama through bespoke consultation
* Provide support in writing schemes of work in Drama and English
* Offer model lessons for teachers to observe
*Planning a blended or project based curriculum
*Using Mantle of the Expert
*Support in planning and delivering Citizenship, PSHEE & SMSC
* Develop Drama for Literacy
* Introduce Philosophy for Children
* Creating Proactive and Independent Student Councils
* One to one teacher mentoring.
Read all my Teaching posts and articles here.