Paul is a highly experienced teacher who believes in values led education. He has taught for 10 years in further, secondary and primary settings in Yorkshire and has recently completed an MA (Education) with a focus on dramatic technique – ‘Mantle of the expert’.
Paul is currently part of ITT and NQT training as part of the Wakefield Council and the Barnsley TSA programmes, delivering sessions on Behaviour for learning, Engagement, Philosophy for Children, Questioning, and Mental Health and Wellbeing.
He has also presented to colleagues at Practical Pedagogies Teacher Conference 2016 on Drama and SMSC at International School of Toulouse; and is booked to speak again at 2018 event in Cologne.
Recently Paul has been;
- Working as an associate alongside Hywel Roberts
- Delivering workshops for Dramatic Monologues with Grimm & Co. Rotherham,
- Producing Den Building and Poetry Writing Days, and creating an education pack for Settle Stories, August
- Providing Drama workshop and Community Project with NCS The Challenge,
- Writing British Values / SMSC resources for The Schools Linking Network, Bradford
How Paul can help your setting by working with students, teachers or both to:
* Support delivery of Drama through bespoke consultation
* Provide support in writing schemes of work in Drama and English
* Offer model lessons for teachers to observe
*Planning a blended or project based curriculum
*Using Mantle of the Expert
*Support in planning and delivering Citizenship, PSHEE & SMSC
* Develop Drama for Literacy
* Introduce Philosophy for Children
* Den Building and Outdoor Learning
* Creating Proactive and Independent Student Councils
* One to one teacher mentoring.
Read all my Teaching posts and articles here.